As a Trimmer you will be responsible for trimming cannabis flower after it has been harvested and dried. This position is self-sufficient and focused on obtaining both qualitative and quantitative metrics and requires the ability to solve problems with minimal supervision. As a Trimmer you are responsible for completing the assigned tasks and maintaining bud to trim ratios according to the provided company guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for trimming dry cannabis flower in preparation for packaging.
- Examine buds during trimming process for quality and pathogens.
- Use, maintain, and operate department related tools and equipment within the facility.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the trim area, all staging areas and facility at all times, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure.
- Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the management team.
- Coordinate with cultivation team to harvest rooms upon finish.
- Ensure the daily compliance policies including compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols, the dress code and work schedule.
- 1 year of Trimming experience, preferred
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Capable of frequent and repetitive hand movements
- Ability to sit, stand, walk during the scheduled shift.
- Ability to accurately follow multi-layered instructions
- Self-driven, hardworking, and able to communicate effectively
- High degree of flexibility, with a strong work ethic
- Effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to climb, squat, bend, twist, and stand for long periods of time
- Able to work in environment with varying temperatures
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
This position operates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. (Must be able to individually lift up to 25 lbs). Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
- 7:00am – 4:00pm M-F (hours subject to change based on demand)
- Travel is not required but may be requested on an as needed basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- One year of trimming or agriculture experience preferred.
- Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license